Monday 12 August 2013

EVERY LOSS IS A WIN

Sometimes in life we experience losses. It is a normal part of our human lives. Some people lose their parents, their siblings, their grandparents, etc. Others too lose their jobs, their cars, their hard earned investments, etc. For some they lose their self-esteem, respect or freedom. Sometimes we think God had forsaken us and we are never going to bounce back. I remember when I lost my job in January 2012. I thought my life had ended, how was I going to survive? and pay off a debt I created for myself?. I was broken, I wept for weeks. It took me close to two years to come to this understanding (It was all part of His grand plan). An understanding I want to share with you.               
                                        
I have come to encourage you; to tell you, EVERY LOSS IS A WIN!!!. The Bible speaks a lot about people who worshiped the Lord with all their hearts and yet Loss. Yes I know the Bible says "all things work together for those who love the Lord" and " those who abide in the Lord will suffer no loss". So then one may ask why did these people lose. I am going to use a very common sunday school story to show you how mighty God is.

Genesis 13:7 gives an account of the strife between Lot's herdsmen and Abram (Abraham) herdsmen. In verse 8 So Abram said to Lot, “Please let there be no strife between you and me, and between my herdsmen and your herdsmen; for we are brethen. Abram considered Lot a brother. He was part of his family, his flesh and blood.

In verse 9 of the chapter we see how Lot and Abram part ways; "Is not the whole land before you? Please separate from me. If you  take the left, then I will go to the right; or, if you  go to the right, then I will go to the left.” Abram was about to separate from his brother, his family. You can imgaine how devastated he was going to be. But there was nothing he could do about it. It was in God's plan he had to lose Lot.

In our lives we might have experienced some "Lot" moments. We might have lost family members to sickness or accidents , our jobs or our marriages. But as hurtful as it was to let go, you had to be separated. Sometimes things just catch you off guard and the results are devastating. Things or events catch us off-guard and we think the God you worship, who has promised usall the joy in the world might be asleep. But I came to tell you our Lord God neither sleeps nor slumbers!! "The Loss Is in His Divine Plan."     
                
Most of you know how this story ends but for the benefit of some us, new to the Bible, Lets see how God showed Himself strong!!

After Lot departed God in verse 14 - 17 “Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are— northward, southward, eastward, and westward; for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants forever. And I will make your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. Arise, walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you.”

Yes!!! you guessed right!, Abram had just lost Lot, His family member but see how God turned it into a Win. I don't know who the Lot you lost in your life was; maybe your family member, your job, your marriage or your self-respect. But God wants me to Declare to you that He is going to show Himself strong!!!. It is necessary for that lost l, that separation!!!

That Loss is going to be A Win!!!!!!. So you see "All things does work out for all those who love the Lord"

I would conclude by saying Abram who though suffered a Loss was a winner! Cos God showed His might. I pray this piece inspires and encourage you never to give up!! A LOSS IS ALWAYS IN GOD's PLANs.

All through the Bible we see how great men of God suffered loss only to gain immeasurably. Elisha had to lose Elijah to activate his annointing, Job had to lose his wealth,his family and his self respect but God restored him more than he expected. We had to lose our Saviour in His human form for us to gain the Holy Spirit!

I pray God shows Himself strong in all your Lot moments!! "Sorrow might come the night but Joy comes in the morning!"

BLESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment