Tuesday 21 June 2016

Slipping but not Slipped

As my life was slipping away, I remembered the Lord . And my earnest prayer went out to you in your holy Temple.
Jonah 2:7 NLT

Some of us truly feel that our life as we know it is slipping away. We feel the emptiness now that virtually everything that we lived for has "moonwalked" right away from us. Maybe your life was being the life of every party, or you were the most beautiful girl in school.

But some way some how everything that made you you is no more and you feel empty more than ever. Maybe your life was your boyfriend or your girlfriend that has left you. Maybe it was your fiancee or maybe a parent that has departed. Like Jonah you feel that life is slipping away. You feel all hope is lost. You feel like this it for you.

Some people have heard negative reports about their health and thought this is it. It might be a cancer or maybe a terminal illness that looks bleak. So are you gonna give up? Are you going to commit suicide? I heard Robbin Williams committed suicide because he got a negative report about his health. He felt his life was slipping away.

Your life may slipping away but it is not the end, it hasn't fully slipped yet, It can be stopped. Jonah said "and I remembered the Lord and made earnest prayers to His holy temple." My brother my sister, it's time to remember God. Giving up is not an option. He will deliver you!! He will put a halt to that slippery situation. But it all depends on your readiness to let Him fully into your life.
Jesus died for you not to worry about situations in life. In fact He told us in John that "I have overcome the world" Give him a chance to come into your situation. Pray this simple prayer
"Lord forgive me for keeping you put. But today I remember you and I know you are the one that holds my life together. Lord help in this slipping area (mention what ever you feel is slipping) of my life.
In Jesus name. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment