Thursday 5 September 2013

Do We Need God as much as He needs us.

God needs us but the question is do we need Him? I have come to realise that, it is only the things I need in my life that I fight to keep against all odds. If I had just "wanted" those things I wouldn't really care if I had got them or lost them. You see, God needs us, and that is why He defies all odds to keep us.

John 3:16 is the best example to demosnstrate this need. He needed us so bad, He had to send His only son to come die for you and I, in order not lose us. His need for us is defined in His COMPASSIONATE LOVE for us! I know most of us have needed something so bad that, we went to great lengths, defying all odds to get it and keep it.

Now I ask this; How many of us have gone to great lenghts to get something only to realise what we needed from the thing wasn't what we were getting?. A few days ago a friend came to me and said "chale i want to find God oo". The reply I gave was; "Do you "need" to find Him or "want" to find Him". You see when we are only looking to "want" something its just for a short while. Once we get what we we re looking for we discard it. That is why most people respond to altar calls and then within a short period of time they go back to thier old lives.

Because all they wanted was for a problem to be solved by God, once it is solved they went back to square one. We need to NEED God!! For example I have come to resolve that I need God in everything I do. He is the glue holding my life together and if I lose Him I lose my entire existence.  That is my need and I will go to the greatest lenghts to make sure I don't lose Him, even if it means forsaking a friend or a girlfriend, father or mother and just living for Him. He gave His son for me, so why can't I also do same by making Him primary in life and all other things secondary.

Matthew 13:44 KJV[44] Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
May our eyes forever be opened to this incomparable LOVE, LIVE & TREASURE we have in GOD! 

Before you ask God to come into your life be sure you need HIM. Dont waste His and your time by just "wanting" Him.

Matthew 3:2 NKJV “Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!”
GOD NEEDS YOU!! BUT DO YOU ALSO NEED HIM!!

BLESS!!!!

By. S.S.K & B.A.B.KAYJR

No comments:

Post a Comment